- Position Title: Freelance Langauge Specialist
- Commences: ASAP
- Contract Type: Temporary
- Contact Hours: Part Time
- Remuneration/ Pay Rate: c. £15ph subject to qualifications
smartKYC is and advanced technology to help businesses search structured and unstructured data sources more effectively in order to identify potentially risk-relevant information about an entity or an individual. Banks and other regulated industries will use the tool to conduct thorough background checks on their customers. European anti-money laundering regulation mandates this. Corporates are also keen to have a more thorough understanding of who they are dealing with (suppliers, agents etc.) to ensure there isn’t anything untoward about them that they should know about, for example poor human rights record etc. Their fear is more the reputational association rather than regulation.
smartKYC scans news and web content to identify relevant red flags by employing natural language processing and information extraction techniques in multiple languages. To extend the search capabilities of the system we are looking for:
- Native standard fluency of the below language(s) although we welcome applicants with other language specialisms). Ideally you will be a linguist – i.e. have a first class understanding of the building blocks and components of a language;
- You will be familiar with the regular expressions and vernacular of that language;
- Additionally, the following knowledge will be positively evaluated:
- Some experience with XML or JSON
- Knowledge of Java or other programming language(s)
- Willingness to work at least a few hours in the evening to collaborate with our US team
This is a freelance role. Remote working.
To apply for this job, please click the link below.