List Screening & Entity Resolution
A central pillar of any anti-financial crime programme is ongoing list screening; of curated watchlists, official sanctions registers, investigative journalism databases and internal blacklists. Common client requirements include the ability to:
- Harmonise all such sources
- Optimise result sensitivity and specificity
- Pick out identities common to multiple lists
smartKYC’s watchlist screening features include:
- Appropriate variant generation
Transliterated, homophonic and orthographic versions of names are among 16 variant types than can be added to any search.
- Cultural and script-sensitive name handling
Includes Arabic, Chinese, Japanese and other non-Latin scripts. smartKYC also uses name origin detection to sensitise name handling based on the origin of a name.
- Adaptable name matching rules
From full to partial to fuzzy matching of names and dates of birth, clients can define the rules governing name matching.
- Identity matching
smartKYC uses all identifying attributes presented at search such as date of birth, nationality and company affiliation to disambiguate an identity rather than use name alone.
- Configurable scoring rules
Weightings of identity attributes can be configured according to client policy or preference.
- Legal entities as well as natural persons
Legal entities get their own name handling logic.
- Triangulation across multiple sources to resolve an identity
Common identities can be formed based on disparate attributes found in multiple sources. An aggregated, enriched profile is created as a result.
- Using enriched profiles to improve media search accuracy
Newly discovered identifying information from watchlist sources can be used to make media hits more precise.
- List management
Ability to manage multiple internal lists; upload, merge, delete, extract and control access.
- Batch processing
Run large volumes overnight or on demand.
Continuously monitor watchlists sources and combine with media monitoring in the same application.